Saturday, June 17, 2023 -
10:00am to 11:30am
Reclaim your home and neighborhood landscapes. This talk emphasizes prevention, identification, and low-impact removal techniques. We also discuss the role of municipalities and other cooperators in invasive plant prevention and management. An extensive handout is included.
We'll discuss the following topics:
- What is an invasive plant?
- What is a "state-listed" invasive plant and how does it differ from a "weed"?
- Can native plants be invasive?
- What tools are available for invasive plant identification?
- How can we fight back effectively while minimizing herbicides?
- How long does invasive plant eradication take?
- What's the role of proper disposal?
This seminar is co-sponsored by Native Plant Trust and Connecticut Forest and Park Association. It will be held at CPFA headquarters in Middlefield, CT. Space is limited; registration is required.
Connecticut Forest & Park HQ, Middlefield, CT