On this page: Video from Kathy's 2018 meadow tour, plus articles on meadows, low-input lawns, and wildflowers. References to helpful books and seed sources. Scroll down to see all content.
- What Is a Meadow? How Does It Differ from a Lawn?
- Soil Preparation for a New Meadow
- Fall: Time to sow next year's meadows
- Spreading the Seeds for Next Year's Lawns and Meadows
- Sow seeds now for next year's meadows
- Meadows where lawns once grew
- Native Plant series
- From wild to formal: Landscape at Harkness Park is hard to match
- Protecting a Much Beloved Stream at Wadsworth Falls State Park
- Seasonal views from Kathy's meadow.
Regional Wildflower and Grass Seed Mixes:
Hart Seed: New England meadow mix.
Downloads on Meadows and Conservation Plantings:
Conservation Plantings on Critical Areas for the Northeast, Paul R. Salon and Chris F. Miller
Milkweed: A Conservation Practitioner's Guide, Xerces Society
Meadow, Wildflower and Pollinator books:
- Garden Revolution, Larry Weaner and Thomas Christopher
- Planting in a Post Wild World, Thomas Rainer and Claudia West
- Planting: A New Perspective, Piet Oudoulf and Noel Kingsbury
- Urban and Suburban Meadows, Catherine Zimmerman
- Meadowland: The Private Life of an English Field, John Lewis-Stempel
- Attracting Native Pollinators, Xerces Society
- Bringing Nature Home: How You Can Sustain Wildlife with Native Plants, Douglas Tallamy
- Growing and Propagating Wildflowers, William Cullina
- The Encyclopedia of Grasses for Livable Landscapes, Rick Darke
- Grasses, Nancy Ondra